Resources & Forms
Would you like to learn more?
The following sites are respected sources of information on diagnoses and treatment:
- Ages and Stages: Resources for Feeding, Speech, and Mouth Function
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Autism Society
- Autism Speaks
- InternationalAssociation of Orofacial Myology (IAOM)
- National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- Pam Marshalla (a leading author on speech-language pathology)
- Pearson Assessments (respected leader for nearly 50 years providing individually administered assessments that school psychologists, clinicians, and education professionals rely on to measure ability, achievement, behavior, speech and language, career interest, and social skills)
- Pediatric Feeding Association
- Stuttering Foundation of America
Articles of interest:
- Feminization of Voice and Communication (2005, ADVANCE)
- Voice and Communication Change for Gender Nonconforming Individuals: Giving Voice to the Person Inside (2015, International Journal of Transgenderism)
Help is available!
Laura Smith, licensed speech-language pathologist and certified orofacial myologist, is specially trained to assist children and adults in overcoming their communication challenges. Her holistic approach takes into account the person as well as the problem.
Talk SLP LLC offices are located in the Northgate area of Seattle and on Mercer Island, allowing us to serve individuals and families throughout the greater Seattle region of Washington state. Telepractice appointments are also available, where clients can receive consultation and therapy services using online tools.
Contact us for more information or to make an appointment.